1. Career Studio (Scotland) Limited ‘CSL’ is committed to protecting your privacy. CSL knows that you care how information about you is used and appreciates your trust in it to do that carefully and sensibly. At times you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (name, email address, postcode etc.). By entering your details in the fields as requested you enable CSL to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, CSL will treat that information in accordance with this notice and policy. All email correspondence include instructions on how to ‘unsubscribe’ from the service to which you have subscribed. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive, not to bombard you with information you do not want. CSL will act in accordance with current legislation. This notice and policy do not apply to companies that CSL does not own or control.
2. Use of Data. CSL will use your personal details and information it obtains from other sources to provide you with its goods and services, for administration and customer services, for credit scoring, for marketing, to analyse your purchasing preferences and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that it offers are tailored to your needs and interests. CSL may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes or to maintain suppression lists. CSL may need to share your information with its service providers, with other companies within the CSL group and with its agents for these purposes. CSL may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
4. IP Address. When you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
5. Web Beacons. CSL also includes web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or web bugs) in its emails to track the success of its marketing campaigns. This means that if you open an email from CSL it can see which pages of the Website you visit. CSL’s web beacons do not store additional information on your computer, but by communicating with the cookies on your computer, they can tell CSL when you have opened its email. If you object to web beacons, CSL recommends you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies on your device settings. CSL will still know how many of its e-mails are opened and will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier of your computer and other access device, but this will not identify you as an individual.
6. Third Party Data. If you provide CSL with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of CSL’s identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
6. Links to Third Party Sites. CSL links to a wide variety of other sites and it displays advertisements from third parties on the Website. CSL is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, CSL is not an agent for these sites or advertisers nor is it authorised to make representations on their behalf.
8. Requests. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information CSL holds about you (for which CSL may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to exercise your rights to this information please forward your request, in writing, to the Data Controller, Career Studio (Scotland) Limited, Granary Business Centre, Coal Road, Cupar Fife KY15 5YQ.
9. Monitoring. For quality control and training purposes, CSL may monitor or record your communications with it.
10. Changes in Your Data. If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how CSL uses your information, please let CSL know online where appropriate.
11. Changes to this Policy. This data protection notice may change and therefore you should review it regularly. CSL will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.